The Ghana Youth Movement for Peace and Progressive Development (GYMPED) has held the 2018 edition of the Ghana Humanitarian and Business Awards (GHB) Awards to honour deserving personalities and organisations.
The award scheme is aimed at honoring national heroes and rewarding the works of those engaged in providing humanitarian assistance in deprived communities within and outside the country.
The ceremony, which took place August 18 at the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel, also recognised
a number of NGO’s, CSOs, media and business players who have contributed to the socio-economic and development of the country.
The night featured a performance by celebrated Ghanaian Poet Evelyn-the-Piper, who entertained the audience with classic poetic narrations centered on the Awards.
Below are recipients of the various categories:
- Humanitarian Service Award Winner of the Year-2018 – H.E. Rev. Dr. Princess Asie Ocansey from USA/Canada.
- Ghanaian Humanitarian Ambassador of the Year-2018 – Prof. Azumah Nelson
- MLM Company Personality of the Year – Dr. Williams Anarfi
- Private Business Development of the Year – Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom
- Social Life & Health Protection Advocacy – Kwami Sefa Kayi
- GHB Special Awards on Investments Developments – Mr. Robert Anamolga
- Young Entrepreneur Achiever of the Year – Harold Kofi Nkrumah
Other companies and social groups recognised for their philanthropic works include:
- VERNA Mineral Drinking Water
- Melcom Care Foundation
- Lintel Aid Ghana
- Youth Business Network Foundation
- Priceless Brother Foundation
- Lionize Tourism Consult
- Goodshepherd Foundation
- Oracle Multimedia Company Ltd
Source: Ghana | Myjoyonline.com | JTM